Saturday 12 November 2016

Project 2016 - 2. Gebirgsjäger Division - Complited!

Hi all!

It has been a long year, and even there are some left of it, but I've finally finished this years project that I revealed about a year ago. To paint my first themed army and that be the 2. Gebirgsjäger Division from Gebirgsjägers in the West PDF, and later from the Ardennes Offensive book.

The primary goal was to make 1420 points worth of units and after that was done the secondary goal was to make it to 1900 points. Well now I can say that I'm there!

Final platoon to be finished was the Luftwaffe Heavy Anti-aircraft Gun platoon with two 8,8cm FlaK 36 guns, extra crews and trucks.











What can I say, it has been fun and challenging. I've tried new things like water effects and color modulation. I've painted a lot of guns and very much infantry, of which I normally don't like doing, and some vehicles. The variation on the infantry has been great and as I've had some spare figures from older boxes, it has made a nice impact on the units where I've mixed figures. Overall the Gebirgsjäger figures look fantastic, all the poses and gears have given me and extremely nice and easy task to adapt guys to different platoons.are just great!

And what is even more fun, is that this army can be used in Mid War too, just replace the panzerschrecks with anti-tank rifles and add light mortar teams. Both of wich did came with the Gebirgsjäger company box! Oh and I might need to swap the Hetzers to, say, Marder IIs and Panzer IIIs.

But anyway, enough talking! Lets reveal 1900 points of Gebirgsjägers to you!

 

Big thank you to everyone who has followed this project, commented or liked! And BIG thank you to everyone who has helped me to learn new things, methods of painting, basing and preparing the units. And who has had some insight or information on regarding gebirgsjägers or 2. Gebirgsjäger Division specifically. I know this isn't so closely painted as the equipment should be but lets call it artistic licence to modify things.

Thank you and well be seeing with the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment