Friday 26 June 2015

German objectives

Hi all :)

I finally managed to finish my two objectives I have been building for almost two months now. As the summer begun so did my "daytime" job (nightshifts) which perfectly cut my painting time to zero. But I did took some time where I could and little by little finished this build.

I'm quite pleased for the end results though I think the "bunker" came out too high. What I really like is the look of the forward outpost. As an after thought I could have added some more equipments like panzerfausts and boxes but I can add those later if I want (no varnish applied).


I am already planning new objectives to be built, or pillboxes on a large base. Will post some sketch images once I get my pen and paper out.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work! I don't think the bunker is too high. It's hard to get much height in within the limitations of a large FoW base with it looking a bit top heavy. The highlighting on the logs looks great. What did you use for the netting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul! Yeah the bases are just a bit too small to do any "stable" buildings except if you do a nest etc.

    The netting is just normal non-streching bandage dyed with tea. It has darkened a bit more from the time of the picture after the glue dried completely. And I think I've finally "mastered" the placement and gluing process, I first placed the bandage and then added the glue with an old brush. Way much easier than first dropping the bandage into the glue and hope it won't curl badly.

    ReplyDelete